March 16, 2012

BIG BOY BED!


Tonight Zachy made the big move from his crib to a toddler bed. We tried the "big move" last night, but after the 5,000th time of his climbing out of bed, and the fact that it had been a two hour ordeal we decided to embrace the motto, "If at first you don't succeed; try, try again". Tonight was a much better night. He only escaped out of bed twice, and although it did take him awhile to go to sleep...he, in fact, did go to sleep.


This big move was not only to a new bed, but also to a new room.( He and Tyler are now sharing a room.)  I'm so thankful tonight was a much easier night for the big boy bed....and I'm not even going to begin pondering how  nap time will go tomorrow. ha.

This is how he fell asleep with his legs flung over the side rails. There is a children's book by Karen Kingsbury titled "Let Me Hold You Longer". Have you read it?? Its a tear jerker. I get tear bubbles almost every time I read it to the boys. It starts out by saying, and I quote, " Long ago you came to me a miracle of firsts; First smiles and teeth and baby steps a sunbeam on the burst. But one day you will move away and leave to me your past And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts...
The last time that I held a bottle to your baby lips. The last time that I lifted you and held you on my hip...Precious, simple moments and bright flashes from your past-Would I have held on longer if I'd known they were your last? It goes on to highlight the entire childhood up until the child leaves for college, stating over and over," would I have held on longer if I'd known they were your lasts?".  Its a good reminder to cherish the times we have with our little ones because time slips away too quickly.

If you haven't read this book, get it! You can even stop by my house, and we can read it together. I promise to cry with you. :)

3 comments:

  1. Are you supplying the boxes of tissues, too? Sounds like a great book though :)
    Good luck with the nap time, it will be tough at first, but stick with it. When Baby #3 arrives, you'll be so glad the two big brothers are used to this new routine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya! You brought tears to my eyes! Where can you find that book??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a book I'd better NOT read right now ;o) Stephen is slowly passing the snuggling stage and I miss those days. But embracing the new stage is a good thing. You're little guys are getting so grown up looking. We can't wait to meet the new little one. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete