August 30, 2011

Decorative Yard Sale Finds!

This post is actually 2 weeks old, but I wanted to share some of my fun yard sale finds. Not only were these finds great, but they were greatly priced,which made both me and my (Dave Ramsey) wallet very happy---and when my wallet is happy, the hubby is happy. ha.

My favorite find of the day was this blue "big boy" chair for Tyler. It fits up to our table perfectly, and I adore the color. I paid $3.00.
Next, I found a variety of country/vintage items. A wire basket, spools and thread, three angels, handpainted eggs, chalkboard/cutting board, brand new creative memories book with stickers, etc. I paid $10.00 for all of it! The creative memories book with stickers has been listed on ebay, and the other items I am putting together for a decorative piece...I'm just not sure where I'm going to stick it yet. The globe in the back I found at a different yard sale for $2.00.  I sold the globe at a conignment sale this past week-end for $10.00. :)


 I love these little angels. I have not a clue what I'm going to do with them, but I will find a spot for them somewhere! The angel on the left has a broken wing thanks to my smallest angel who grabbed her before I could stop him.
I did find a couple toys for the boys. A violin for Tyler and a Winnie the Pooh phone for Zach. He loves to talk on the phone, and says "oh". We are just thankful he says the last part and not just the first part of "hello". ha.
Last, I will throw in a Goodwill find that my Mom picked up for me...

Linking up with Apron Thrift Girl , Thrifty Momma Says , Coupon Tipster , Her Library Adventures

4 comments:

  1. That chair is fabulous - in form, function, and that color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried four times now to comment on this post. (??) Anyway, I need some lessons on e-baying. :) I love thrift stores and garage sales. Your chair is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal, I don't know why it is so hard to post. I've heard that from a lot of people. I switched back to my old format, but it still is tough!! I have trouble posting on blogs too though...I'm guessing it is beloved blogger?? If you have any insight let me know:) Love ya, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Thanks for linking up at The Thrifty Wife ;)

    ReplyDelete