June 28, 2011

It takes a big hit to my head or better said, a firm knock to my knees!

Today felt like one of those days where 72 hours was crammed into 24 hours making it a very full day. What did I do? Nothing, but remain at home most of the day. I have learned that child rearing is not for the faint of heart, and it is by far much harder than any full time job I have ever had!

I always thought I would be the type of Mother, who would sit around all day reading Nursery Rhymes to my children. I would always be patient, kind,you know "practically perfect" in every way... exactly like Mary Poppins:) Ha. I am none of what I thought I would be! I have to pray for daily patience and I often have to go back to Tyler and apologize for how quick I was or how strongly I came across. I am as far from perfect as you can get!

Today was one of those days...I felt like I was after my two little guys all day long...Zachy don't touch that, Tyler don't push on your brother, Tyler, get your fingers out of Zachy' mouth, but Mommy I was just checking his "toofers". Zachy doesn't want you checking his teeth. and on and on it went. Sometimes I think of the Mother's who spend time doing crafts with their children or letting them cook or building forts or....you get my drift. I know Satan likes to come in on days like today and fight making me feel like the worst Mom out there.

Tonight I feel like God came close to me and reminded me of what really matters at the end of the day. Will it matter in the light of eternity if I didn't spend time making crafts with my boys or letting them cook or build forts wth them? No, the most important thing is that I show them Christ. That I teach them that the most important thing in life is making it to Heaven.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am going to step into it thanking God for the blessings He has bestowed on me in the forms of Tyler and Zachary. And, I'm going to strive to show the love of Christ to my boy's.....and who knows, we might even build a fort:)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tonya! I just thought you might like to know that i feel the EXACT same way as you do. you are a wonderful mother and your boys are so blessed to have you. I usually pray that I can just keep my kids ALIVE each day. haha. I will pray for you and you can pray for me. Patience doesn't grow on trees, but lucky for us we have a God who has an unlimited source of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I can't even count the MANY times I have had to apologize to my girls!! You've got the right attitude - tomorrow is a new day and HIS mercies are new too! Tonya, you are a good Mom!! I was impressed this past weekend, watching you "in action"! We'll both make it :)
    Andrea S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to be the mother to a little three year old bugger. I am just happy that at the end of the day we are both alive!!!! Not much cooking or craft making or fort building going on over here either. You pray for daily patience, and I pray for it minute by minute, seriously!!!!
    Just remember when those negative feelings come along that they are brought on by a freaking out Satan. He realizes full well that his chances with your boys are so much slimmer!!!! Keep him in that state of panic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've been very tempted many days to hand over my mommy credentials. I mean, what kind of mother waits two weeks before taking her child to check if he has a broken arm?! What kind of mother gets visits by police letting her know her child was playing in the street?! IT'S ME, IT'S ME, IT'S ME, OH LORD, STANDING IN THE NEED OF PRAYER!;o) You're in the labor intensive days but by the time they get to be 5 it's not so tedious....at least on a daily basis. I pray for you often that God gives you the added strength and energy to be a mommy to two BOYS. My mother-in-law told me that I should pray in the morning that I'd have what it took to push back one more time than they pushed. Sometimes that's what it feels like but it gets better :o) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies! I like the idea of praying for each other! Oh, and Marianne I love the thought of praying that I will be able to push back one more time than they pushed:)

    ReplyDelete