June 26, 2011

What Am I Thankful for this SUNDAY? Modern Medicine!

I am thankful for Robert McNeil, and all the other brilliant chemists/ pharmacists out there who invented Tylenol, Excedrin, and all other lovely pain medications. When a migraine comes knocking, they help make the visit more bearable! On  a side note, before modern medicine what did they do for migraines? Bite a bullet, bleed their foreheads,  drink whiskey, apply a paste or maybe they practiced the old saying, just grin and bear it.

I am also thankful for the bits and pieces of rain we have been getting!! I heard Tyler outside talking to the rain tonight....telling it he was glad it came to visit. I think it was based on that song, Rain, rain ,rain its good to see you again....". :)

What are you thankful for this Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. So thankful for the rain too - it seems like it has rained all around us but not here at our house until last night and today - VERY thankful for the rain!

    Hope your migraine goes away quickly, never had one but just a "regular" headache is bad enough so that must be much worse.

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been getting rain, too. Lots and lots of rain. :D

    I'm thankful that I have never experienced a migraine. :( Keith has had them before and they are dreadful. I hope you are feeling better today.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete